We believe that God called us for children Our mission is to be fully devoted to Jesus by opening our arms to those children in need. We show God’s love and concern for our communities. Through works of charity and opening our doors to listen and love. We are God's hands and feet on earth.
We are thrilled to share our vision with the world .Sowing the Seed was birthed in 2011, our vision is to change the lives of our children in Western Cape, and hoping to grow so that we can see to more children not in South Africa alone but in Africa and around the world . To promote relief and community upliftment. We started this project in Delft Cape town South Africa our mission is to feed children, We understand the state of poverty within the community, and our love for these children is not alone to feed them but to equip them as well for the future. We realized as an NPO to see a change is to be the change and together with the community, we can make a change. We feed at least 200 to 350 children and it is our desire to feed more children. This is our hearts to go out and love them. I was reminded of Matthew 19 verse 14Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these. “And in this understanding our purpose and what God expects from us as the church.
Looking to the future
- A dedicated feeding scheme for children in the surrounding communities (such as pre-packed lunches). Working with schools and Day-cares.
- The NPO is planning to work with relevant schools in the surrounding disadvantaged areas.
- Relief aid for families on a monthly basis that will provide them with food and toiletries, and basic food supplements.
- Establish a fully-operational ECD relief centre for young children in the community.
- Building a skills and development training center for the residents of Delft in Cape Town.
- Computer and langue literacy facility.
- The appointment of additionally registered trainers, teachers, and caregivers from the community’s
- Children’s safe haven -an orphanage.
Co-Founder of Sowing the Seed
Sowing the Seed was given to me by God and because he entrusted me with this vision I will do my very best. We are more than just a feeding scheme. But a project to change the lives of our children in the communities and for the generations to come. My heart for these children and the communities can only be by the seed God planted. I can relate to their pain and need. I want to share a little bit of my background that once upon a time I was one of these kids... So there is an understanding of the difficulties and the cries of these children in a very personal way. It has been my desire to reach them with the same story to plant the seed in their hearts the same way God planted in mine. And one day it can be them going back to make a change. And reach one more!
Nelson Mandela quoted: "Sometimes it falls upon a generation to be great. You can be that great generation.”
|Back to top